Hi, I'm Marianne Talbot
I help people get what they want.
In order to have more, you must become more.
That's one of Marianne's favorite quotes (from Jim Rohn), and a tenet she lives by. A latchkey kid born and bred in New York City, Marianne learned early that following your heart, mixed with savvy strategy and street-smart hustle, was the key to success.
Marianne in a nutshell:
- lawyer (30+ years)
- coach (20+ years)
- entrepreneur (16+ years)
- business & marketing expert (16+ years)
- former law school professor at two law schools in Washington, D.C.
- author of Balance by Design: A Career Guide & Planner for Women Lawyers with a Life
- career & reinvention expert
Marianne's run nonprofits, corporate marketing departments, and has coached high-achieving professionals including award-winning actresses, designers, tech gurus, and, of course, her beloved fellow lawyers.
Marianne has written and spoken widely on many subjects and has trained thousands of people in the areas of personal and professional development, law, and more.
She's passionate about sharing her expertise more widely, and so she founded GenXpertise and created these programs.
Marianne warmly invites you to connect with her on LinkedIn.
Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better.
That's another tenet Marianne lives by. Additional success for many of us means integrating just a few more strategic tools, smartly-designed action plans, a smattering of resilience, and, believe or not: fun.
Marianne has been intensively studying success strategies for over 20 years, and the programs here contain tools she's used with clients, companies, and herself. They are time-tested, can create change quickly, and are occasionally unorthodox (a bit like her). 😉
Marianne's husband affectionally calls her "a beast": she is an insatiable learner, worker, and creator. She's done a lot of the hard work in figuring out what really drives success, so you don't have to waste an iota of time figuring it out for yourself. ⭐
Marianne is admitted to the bars of the Supreme Court of the United States, New York, Washington, D.C., and Virginia.
- Marianne is the Chief Marketing & Business Development Officer of Bailey & Glasser, LLP, a national law firm with 18 offices that handles high-stakes litigation and sophisticated corporate transactions across the country.
- Marianne was an extra in "Beat Street," the first hip-hop movie of all time produced by Harry Belafonte.
- In high school, Marianne was a big club kid at places like Danceteria, and to this day you can count on her to hit the dance floor, including at 6 a.m. Daybreaker events. ☀️
- Marianne was a trial lawyer for 14 years, and practiced with Philip Hirschkop, one of the two legendary lawyers who won the Supreme Court case of Loving v. Virginia, the landmark civil rights case that eradicated bans against interracial marriage.
- Marianne clerked at some of the preeminent civil rights organizations in the country, including at the NAACP Legal Defense & Educational Fund, the Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, and the U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, Criminal Section, where she worked on the Rodney King civil rights prosecution.
Purchase Marianne's Book for Women Lawyers
A 200+ page full-color career guide & planner for women lawyers. Annual, quarterly, and monthly themes, checklists, actions plans, and more.
From a five-star Amazon review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐:
"While this book is said to be for lawyers, and the author seems to be a highly accomplished attorney, the advice given is clearly helpful to anyone in business. This has helped me to get much more organized and provides the guidance and inspiration to keep you motivated. It's a planner that actually works! That alone is something to write home about. Keeping up with myself and my own schedule has always been an issue, but this planner makes it easy and stress free. Highly recommend!"